The Early Childhood Education (ECE) program provides opportunities to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to work with young children and their families in a wide diversity of early learning settings. Students explore and develop skills through courses and practicum designed to integrate academic and practical experiences.
The program is offered by Northern Lights College in collaboration with College Educacentre.
The program meets the the Province’s requirements in order to obtain the License or the Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- High school diploma or “mature student” status
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Card
- Passing grade on the “Maîtrise de la langue” *French test
- Two letters of recommendation (professional and personnal)
- Criminal record check
- A comprehensive letter stating your background, interest, and goals for taking the Program
- Doctor’s letter certifying good physical and mental health
- Valid certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – children
- Admission questionnaire
Diplôme: $8650.06 + $894.45 (Books cost)
* Students with Permanent Resident Status or Canadian citizens: $25 Registration fee
Check your eligibility to a government Student loan on the following website
Obtain more information on how to financially plan your studies: Ciblétudes
If you are a BC resident, you can apply for a Bursary on the ECEBC’s website
* International students: $100 Registration fee.
Access to a computer with high-speed Internet connection + microphone + an email address.
For more information on the Program Schedule, please check this page (in French): www.educacentre.com/epe