The need for well trained Education Assistants in British Columbia schools is increasing. Specifically since all children and youth with special requirements are now included in regular elementary and secondary classrooms. Education Assistants have proven to be effective in working with the individualized education delivery models now being used in schools. Under the supervision of classroom teachers, Education Assistants carry out a wide range of functions, including providing support to a particular student or to the class as a whole.
Graduates are employed in public and private elementary and secondary schools, specialized schools and treatment centres.
- High school diploma or “mature student” status
- Passing grade on the “Maîtrise de la langue” French test
- Two letters of recommendation (professional and personnal)
- Criminal record check
- A comprehensive letter stating your background, interest, and goals for taking the program.
$4155 + $716.35 (Books cost)
* Students with Permanent Resident Status or Canadian citizens : $35 Registration fee
* International students: $100 Registration fee.
Students can start the program at any scheduled session : Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer. Please refer to the Course Schedule (in French).
Access to a computer with high-speed Internet connection + microphone + an email address.
For more information, please check this page (in French): www.educacentre.com/aps