The Health Care Assistant Program is designed to provide students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to function effectively as front-line care-givers, and respected members of the health care team, in community and facility settings.
Under the direction and supervision of a health professional, graduates provide person-centred care aimed at promoting and maintaining the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social well-being of clients/residents.
Offered in partnership with La Cité.
- Proof of Grade 10 graduation or “mature student” status.
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident or Study permit.
- Passing grade on the “Maîtrise de la langue” French test.
- For non-native speakers of English) a language proficiency test score of (. : Listening 6, Speaking 6, Reading 5 and Writing 5 on the Canadian Language Benchmard Placement Test.
- Interview with the coordinator.
- Proof of current immunizations/vaccinations as per health care organization policies/guidelines (or signed vaccination exemption form, except TB).
- Criminal record check from the Ministry of Justice, including clearance to work with vulnerable adults.
- Standard First Aid.
- CPR Level HCP.
- Foodsafe Level 1.
$3 270 + $260 (Books cost)
* Students with Permanent Resident Status or Canadian citizens : $35 Registration fee
* International students: $100 Registration fee.
Students can start the program at any of the following scheduled session : Fall, Winter, Spring, Full-time or Part Time. Please refer to the Course Schedule (in French).
Access to a computer with high-speed Internet connection + microphone + an email address.
For more information on the Program Schedule, please check this page (in French): www.educacentre.com/pss