Special events and conference management is one of the fastest growing sectors of the tourism industry and will increase significantly in the next decade. Our Event Management Certificate Program provides students with the essential skills in planning, marketing, implementing and evaluating special events.
The demand for professionals in event management continues to grow in the ever changing job market. In meeting this growing interest, our Certificate Program offers you specialized training in the field of event management. The courses will familiarize you with the various aspects of organizing events, such as orientation, design, exploration, planning, production, dissemination and evaluation of an event. Graduates of this program will be able to skillfully coordinate the details of organizing events of various size and complexity (festivals, exhibitions, official visits, galas, conferences, trade fairs and shows).
- High School Diploma or “Mature student” status.
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident or Study permit.
- Passing grade on the “Maîtrise de la langue” French test.
- A comprehensive letter stating your background, interest, and goals for taking the Program.
- If the institution receives a student’s notice of withdrawal or the institution delivers a notice of dismissal to the student and:
- the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance for up to 30% of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term, the institution may retain up to 30% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract, or
- the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance for more than 30% but less than 50% of the program, the institution may retain up to 50% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- The institution will refund fees charged for course materials paid for but not received if the student provides a notice of withdrawal to the institution or the institution provides a notice of dismissal to the student.
- Refunds required under this policy will be paid to the student, or a person who paid the tuition or fees on behalf of the student, within 30 days:
- of the date the institution receives a student’s notice of withdrawal,
- of the date the institution provides a notice of dismissal to the student,
- of the date that the registrar provides notice to the institution that the institution is not complying with section 1(c) or 2 of this policy, or
- after the first 30% of the hours of instruction if section 3 of this policy applies.
For more information, please see the French Version: Gestion d’évènements or contact our Student Advisor at 604-708-5100 ext 1404.